finding USB camera using kdf and lsmod, etc

Stephen Kuhn skuhn at telpacific.com.au
Sun Jun 13 13:42:10 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-06-13 at 23:29, Stephen W wrote:
> There is sure a lot I need to learn...
>
> went su and tried using lsmod, etc...
>
> was told command not found.
>
> did search and found them in/sbin
>
> cd /sbin and tried to run ...
>
> same result "command not found"

After you open a term and su to root, just type:

/sbin/lsmod | more

> egad, I sure do not want to return to Win... but this
> is getting crazy.. Slowly, very slooooooowly,
> learning. Never in all my years of education (and
> those are considerable) has the learning curve been so
> steep... ofcoourse, in the formal academic centers
> there were fellow students, profs, and all sorts of
> resources that I do not have sitting at home by
> myself...

Remember what it was like when ya first started using either DOS, OS/2
or Windows? Just a new set of commands to get familiar with mate!

> I'll just keep looking and asking question via the net
> rather than going to the person next door... :)
>
> Thanks,
> StephenW

Let's keep plugging away!

stephen kuhn - proprietor
==============================
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
mobile: 0410.728.389

"Don't come back until you have him", the Tick-Tock Man said quietly,
sincerely, extremely dangerously. They used dogs. They used probes. They
used cardio plate crossoffs. They used teepers. They used bribery. They
used stick tites. They used intimidation. They used torment. They used
torture. They used finks. They used cops. They used search and seizure.
They used fallaron. They used betterment incentives. They used finger
prints. They used the bertillion system. They used cunning. They used
guile. They used treachery. They used Raoul-Mitgong but he wasn't much
help. They used applied physics. They used techniques of criminology.
And what the hell, they caught him. -- Harlan Ellison, "Repent,
Harlequin, said the Tick-Tock Man"