Boot Problems on HP ze4400 laptop

rahul b jain cs student rbj2 at oak.njit.edu
Fri Jun 25 03:24:19 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have been trying to install redhat 9.0 on my HP ze4400 laptop but have
been facing some problems.

I start my installation with 'linux nousb'. I do this otherwise it gets
stuck during the media check step. The installtion goes fine but gets
stuck at the post installtion step. It gets stuck during the step
where it asks for making a bootable floppy. My laptop does not have a
floppy drive. Because of this I am not able to complete anything after
that step and basically the installation remains incomplete.

It there any work around this problem ? Has anyone ever had a similar
problem with any laptop ? I would really appreciate your comments

Thanks
Rahul.