Router/Firewall Recommendation

Otto Haliburton ottohaliburton at comcast.net
Fri Jun 25 05:20:44 UTC 2004

I'm going to sum up and then I'm going to forget this thread.  The problem
here is to get the simplest solution that solves the problem with the least
amount of effort.  If the user is here to learn and get to know how to setup
iptables and linux routers then he can take off and do the bullshit you're
spitting out.  If he wants a seamless solution that is cheap and good he
goes out and buys a router, most users networks ain't worth the time and
effort to hack it, and with a router it is just about as impenetrable as you
can get for cheap.  Put his computers behind the firewall he gains by buying
the router and forget it.  He gets a firewall and ties his lan together
cheap.  He can chain routers and hubs to expand as necessary and he don't
need to be that well versed in linux or any other OS.  That's my .02cents.
cheers.

And by the way, I'm not impressed with your bullshit.  No one is here trying
to out do the other, but get useful info and any simple reading of this
thread will find that the only one off base is the one trying throw out
insults.