Router/Firewall Recommendation

Otto Haliburton ottohaliburton at comcast.net
Fri Jun 25 06:09:51 UTC 2004

This is the final, my answer is not the only answer it is a logical answer
and that is your problem.  If you have more than one computer in a lan then
you are using a router or a hub.  So your network is bound by a hub, or a
router.  If you are using a hub, then you are using one of your computers as
a router.  So you are sitting here talking about a bunch of bullshit cause
you have to be hooked up with one of these things to have a lan.  If you
have a choice of whether to buy a router or a hub, then you have to make a
decision as to what your ISP is going to do.  A router allows multiple
computers to use a single ip address and since it does address translation
it allows you to acquire a firewall in the process.  You also get another
slight advantage and that is if your isp charges for extra ip address then
you don't have to pay cause you are only using one.  So while you are
talking that bullshit I am totally aware that you are using personally
either a router or a hub if you have more than one computer networked.  So
my solution is not the only solution it is the logical solution.  Why would
I waste a perfectly good computer to do routing when I could use the
computing power to do something else unless I have too.  I personally think
that you are out here trolling, cause if you have computers networked then
you are using one of these hardware devices.