New Kickstart Problem

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Tue Jun 1 17:08:16 UTC 2004

I posted this message once before but didn't get a response.

I recently updated my RedHat CDs to update 2.  Now, when I try to
kickstart a machine, I'm getting the following error:

Waiting for X server to start...log located in /tmp/X.log
1...2...3...4...5... X server started successfully.
(X then exits and drops back to console)
Traceback (most recently call last):
  File "/usr/bin/anaconda", line 1042, in ?
    instClass.setInstallData(id)
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/kickstart.py", line 1218, in setInstallData
    self.readKickstart(id, self.file)
  File "/usr/lib/anaconda/kickstart.py", line 676, in readKickstart
    if handlers[args[0]]:
KeyError: Kickstart
Install existed abnormally

The system then proceeds to shutdown.  Any ideas?

-----
Ryan Golhar
Computational Biologist
The Informatics Institute at
The University of Medicine & Dentistry of NJ

Phone: 973-972-5034
Fax: 973-972-7412
Email: golharam at umdnj.edu