Kernel: Out of Memory: Killed process 5524 (httpd)

Iulian Musat iulian at 3dgeo.com
Tue Jun 1 22:58:52 UTC 2004

This doesn't mean that httpd is the processes with the problem. For as
far as I know, when running out of memory the kernel will decide what
processes to kill based on some criteria, like the size of the process,
time to CPU, time from start etc.

 From the previous messages I guess there is nothing wrong with httpd.
I'll try looking for something else that is either eating a lot of
memory or is spawning a lot of children.

-iulian