RH9 Disk 2 Corrupt

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Thu Jun 3 15:43:11 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 23:31, Eucke Warren wrote:
> Greetings all!
>
> I am attempting to do an inplace upgrade from RH8 to RH9.  However, I
> have continued to download "corrupted" iso's.  Disks 1 and 3 are fine
> but I have tried several sources and each provides me a "corrupted"
> disk 2.  It fails on install and it fails "test" that the RH install
> process initializes.  Anyone else have this experience?  Suggestions?

Yes, burn the disk at a speed lower than the MAX available.  This has
happened to me more than once to the point that I have set the default
write speed of my CD/DV writer to half its max rating.  I guess I could
spend more money on "quality" media.....nah....

--
"An opinion is like an asshole - everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood as Harry Callahan, The Dead Pool - 1988.