VSS client for Linux

Dave Ihnat ignatz at dminet.com
Sun Jun 6 14:47:39 UTC 2004

On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 09:44:31AM +0200, Tzvika Faibish wrote:
> I know VSS only for Win OS. Try ClearCase for Linux.

I'm assuming they mean Visual Source Safe.  *I* would look
for alternatives-- it has well-known issues with reliability and
scalability-- but if you must use VSS, you may be able to run it under
the wine emulator.  Failing that, you certainly could use VMWare.

ClearCase, at least for traditional Unix, is an extremely comprehensive
system.  It's also a very complex to install and maintain, and amazingly
expensive system.  Investigate it, certainly; but be prepared.  There are
a number of Open Source version control system alternatives that are worth
considering; check out Freshmeat.

G'luck,
--
	Dave Ihnat