Need help blanking a DVD+RW

Benjamin J. Weiss benjamin at Weiss.name
Tue Jun 8 16:29:55 UTC 2004

All,

I've installed a Lite-on DVDRW LDW-451S into a Redhat Linux 9 server,
wanting to use mondoarchive to back it up.  I can back up the server
beautifully to a dvd+rw once.  After that, it won't blank the dvd.

If I manually go in and run the blank, I get this:

[root at orion root]# dvd+rw-format -blank /dev/scd0
* DVD±RW format utility by <appro at fy.chalmers.se>, version 4.9.
* 4.7GB DVD+RW media detected.
- illegal command-line option for this media.
- you have the option to re-run dvd+rw-format with:
  -lead-out  to elicit lead-out relocation for better
             DVD-ROM compatibility, data is not affected;
  -force     to enforce new format (not recommended)
             and wipe the data.

I've installed:

dvdrecord-0.1.2-10
dvd+rw-tools-5.19.4.9.7-0.pm.2