OT: Drag-N-Drop FTP

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Tue Jun 8 18:17:08 UTC 2004

    I'm looking at finding some solution to some kind of Drag-N-Drop FTP
for our clients.  Right now we're using traditional ftp, which a lot of
our clients don't know how to use, nor are technically savvy enough to
even comprehend, let alone try.  And using the browser to FTP 30, 50,
600+ MB files just isn't going to work (a browser should be used for
what it's for, surfing, not transferring files.)  So, I'm looking for
solutions, to make the process as easy as possible, for both folks on
Macs as well as PCs, and using any of the plethora of browsers/ftp
clients out there.

    Ideally, something where they can hit it with their browser, since
they'll be surfing anyway, and then something comes up, or gets
installed, or...  I don't know, I guess that's why I'm here asking.  I
thought of attempting to setup a (public) mountable partition on our FTP
server with login and passwords for each client, but that will be too
much hassle in having to keep the logins up to date and what not.

    Suggestions anyone?

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.