Linux Networking Code help

rahul b jain cs student rbj2 at oak.njit.edu
Tue Jun 8 19:43:50 UTC 2004

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of studying the networking code in linux. Currently I
am using redhat 9.0.
Here is brief overview of where I am stuck. I started with the device
driver program and reached till the point when the software interrupt in
raised. I also studied the code that will serivice this interrupt. Finally
I got to the point that the function net_rx_action()
(/usr/src/linux/net/core/dev.c) is called.

I am stuck at this point. I had read at some place that the function
ip_rcv() (/usr/src/linux/net/ipv4/ip_input.c) will be called next. However
I am not able to find out what is happening next. Can someone give me a
pointers on how to go ahead.

I would much appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Rahul.