running a browser from the command line...

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 8 23:37:26 UTC 2004

simple...

as i initially stated... i'm curious as to whether anyone has managed to
"drive" a browser from the command line. basically, i'm interested in
possibly parsing some sites, and i'd like to be able to do something like:

/tmp/brower "www.foo.com" > outputfile

i'd like to be able to specify the site/page for the browser, with the
browser then returnning the results for the given page...

i've already been using libwww/mechanize.. it's my understanding that
wget/curl aren't significantly better. so i'm searching for a browser app
that can be used at the command level...

i don't need the display/rendering function, just the ability to accurately
return the page text.

-bruce