Two interfaces on the same network

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Wed Jun 9 16:25:31 UTC 2004

At 22:49 6/8/2004, Mike McMullen wrote:
>In a switched network you can provide more overall throughput  to a server
>by locking clients
>to one interface or another. I've seen this used on NFS servers quite
>effectively.

Off-topic, but still not a very good idea. You now have two points of
failure and clients cannot go to the other interface. Better to do channel
bonding on a good switch, so you do get double the bandwidth but the two
connections are redundant and the failure of one does not imply a total
service outage but only a reduction in throughput.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com