Two interfaces on the same network

Al Al_chane at issc.com.tw
Wed Jun 9 17:21:25 UTC 2004

eth0(wired) and eth1(wireless) work fine in the different network. But
not work correctly in the same network.

My problem is:

On my linux device:
>ifconfig eth0 172.20.1.30 netmask 255.255.255.0
>ifconfig eth1 172.20.1.31 netmask 255.255.255.0

Another PC has IP 172.20.1.32

They are connected with a Hub.

When PC with IP 172.20.1.32 use browser to access
http://172.20.1.31, linux device reply by eth0, not eth1.(by sinffer)
That is, linux device seems only to use eth0 (first brought up)
when all interfaces are in the same network. Packets won't
be passed thru eth1 even if I intend to do so. If eth0 wire is unplug,
eth1 won't work too since linux only use eth0 if eth0/eth1 are in the same network.

Thanks,

AL Chane