format for manually constructing outgoing email text file

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Wed Jun 9 23:04:07 UTC 2004

Jason Dixon <mailto:jason at dixongroup.net>
    on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 3:53 PM said:

> With the little information you're providing, that makes no sense.

[snip]

> If you really think you're doing something off-the-wall here (it's
> possible), you should describe your problem, not your efforts to solve
> it.  That way, the folks with relevant experience would be better able
> to evaluate your scenario and provide appropriate advice.

ok.

i'm basically just writing a simple mailing list manager in php.
ultimately i want to be able to send emails to any number of recipients
in my database. i could easily do this from php by looping through my
recipients and using the mail() function. but i know that on windows
(while using CDONTS through asp) this is not a good practice as mails
can get lost because of the load created. so i assumed the same was true
with sendmail and php. what *is* recommended with windows is to write
out simple emails and dump them into the Exchange outgoing queue so that
Exchange can handle them at it's leisure (at least this was the
suggestion last time i looked into it).

hopefully this is enough explanation, otherwise i can provide more
(although i can't really think of anyway to explain it further at the
moment).

chris.