format for manually constructing outgoing email text file

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Wed Jun 9 23:38:36 UTC 2004

Ed Wilts <mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org>
    on Wednesday, June 09, 2004 4:22 PM said:

> Is there a reason why you're writing your own mailing list manager
> when there are good ones out there?

well i'm trying to

> Writing a mailing list manager is *hard*. Handling bounces is *hard*.

so far things have been going rather smoothly. although i do agree that
handling with bounces might be quite difficult. and in fact i wasn't
even sure what i was going to do about them.

> Have you looked at mailman to see if it would do the job for you?

i have only briefly looked at it. i will take a another look and
possibly install it to see how it goes. one reason i didn't really
bother much with it is because i did not immediately see how i could
integrate it with my website(s), which an important factor.

> You can easily synchronize the list from the database with the
> internal lists that mailman uses (sync_members).

maybe this is how i can integrate it with my website(s)?

thanks,
chris.