Question on making the partitions using kick start

Pete Nesbitt pete at linux1.ca
Thu Jun 10 01:54:21 UTC 2004

On June 8, 2004 10:51 pm, Avrahami David wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like the default partitions to be defined as follows:
> /	- 2GB
> /usr	- 4GB
> /opt	- 2GB
>
> The remaining FSs should be a percent of the remaining free space (after
> allocating the above):
> /home	- 50%
> /var	- 30%
> /tmp	- 20%
>

> Any clue how should be my ks.cfg?
>
> Thanks,
> David

Hi David,
I'm not sure that it can be done that way. When the remaining space is used to
fill all the partitions, it is just divided evenly. You might want to tweak
the start size or else the maxsize args.

If you have an existing install, you can look in /root for "anaconda-ks.cfg",
it is a kickstart based on that sys's install.

You want something like:
# clear any existing partitions
clearpart --linux
# create the fixed disks
# you need "--ondisk=hda" if move than one disk
part / --fstype ext3 --size=2048
part /usr --fstype ext3 --size=4096
part /opt --fstype ext3 --size=2048
# you need a swap as well
part swap --size=800
part /home --fstype ext3 --size=2560 --grow
part /var --fstype ext3 --size=1536 --grow
part /tmp --fstype ext3 --size=1024 --grow

I think that will split the remaining space evenly amonst the last 3 entries.
It's not perfect, but it should be close to what you want.

Hope that helps.
--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce