MASQUERADE

hanfamily at earthlink.net hanfamily at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 10 00:26:04 UTC 2004

Hi,
I've been trying to get Masquerade working on my new RHEL system all
week. I tried clearing the iptables the setup created and making
a test set but it didn't work then I read you needed to load the
ipt_MASQUERADE module, since it wasn't loaded I tried using insmod
to load it. I get the following error
.../ipt_MASQUERADE.o unresolved symbol ip_nat_setup_info_R1nf023n8
Any idea how to get it to load?
Also is there somewhere I can find how redhat-config-securtitylevel
gets its syntax since I can't figure out how it decides which modules
to load at start up but I see where it loads them in /etc/rc.d/iptables
using the /etc/sysconfig/iptables to decide what to do I am worried that
if i just replace /etc/sysconfig/iptables with my own set it will break
things. If I ever get this to work do I need to replace /etc/rc.d/iptables
with the new iptables and have it start with /sbin/insmod to load the
modules instead.
                 Thanks
                 Linda