Advanced Server free?

Paul Smith pausmith at nortelnetworks.com
Thu Jun 10 20:03:23 UTC 2004

%% "Eric Wood" <eric at interplas.com> writes:

  >> Trust me, it's NOT free.

  ew> Please give me the briefest technical GPL-compliant answer as to
  ew> why this is.

Some parts of the distribution are not covered by the GPL; some are
covered under Red Hat proprietary licenses.

If you remove those proprietary parts, you can install the rest.  But of
course those systems are no longer running "real" RHAS and are not
covered by support (not that they would be anyway if you hadn't paid for
them).

 Paul D. Smith <psmith at nortelnetworks.com>   HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools