Logrotate scripts

Nathaniel Hall halln at otc.edu
Thu Jun 10 20:34:26 UTC 2004

Sorry to keep asking questions, but I need some more input.

I am running a syslog server (finally).  I want logrotate to rotate the logs
when I specify (weekly right now), but here is where the problem is.  I want
to have the logs set with the Append Only bit set.  When logrotate rotates
the logs, I want it to remove the Append Only bit, move it to the new file
(messages.1, for example) and set the Immutable bit to keep it from being
changed or added to.  When that is finished, I want it to create a new blank
file with the Append Only bit set.

Where can I do this?  I am new to Linux so I started my own project so that
I can learn.  Thanks a lot.

Nathaniel Hall

Intrusion Detection and Firewall Technician

Ozarks Technical Community College -- Office of Computer Networking

417-799-0552