Compatibility of programs between RH versions

Ben Larwood (private) bgl at centdyn.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 11 07:58:28 UTC 2004

Hello,

I am trying to port our code to various 32 bit and 64 bit platforms.  I need
to know if:

a code compiled on RedHat 7.3 (kernel 2.4.18-3, glibc 2.2.5, 32Bit) will run
on a sytem using RedHat AS3 (32Bit)
a code compiled on RedHat AW2.1 (IA64) will run on a system using RedHat
AS2.1(IA64) (standard kernels)

I used Linux a while ago, and I remember there being a problem with glibc
compatibilities, but I dont know if this would affect the above situations.
The code is F90 and C, compiled using the Intel compilers.

Many thanks

Ben