finding USB camera using kdf

Stephen Kuhn skuhn at telpacific.com.au
Sun Jun 13 13:05:25 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-06-13 at 22:42, Stephen W wrote:
> Tried using kdf - camera not seen
> went to /dev/usb and could not determine which file
> would designate the appropriate one to use to
> /mnt/camera
>
> Plan B?
>
> Thanks
> StephenW

Some modules that need to be loaded would be usb-core, usb-storage,
usb-scsi - when you do an lsmod, are you seeing those modules loading?
The camera would actually show up as something like /dev/sdc or so...so
you should be able to create a /mnt/camera directory, and IF those
modules are loaded, kdf should find the /dev/sdX (whatever letter for
first scsi device) and then you should be able to mount it easily.

stephen kuhn - proprietor
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com