finding USB camera using kdf and lsmod (Brave?)

Stephen W winstephen at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 13 14:07:23 UTC 2004

Steve:

--- Steve <steve at focb.co.nz> wrote:
> You need to add the path to programs to your PATH
> environment variable
> otherwise the shell cannot find the programs you
> tell it to run.

still trying to learn the PATH stuff for another
project ... but that is another thread -- so I will
follow you suggestions of learning on that.

... snip ...

> You can change this behaviour by editing
> /etc/profile and removing the 'if
> UID = 0 then do the pathmunge stuff' statement and
> just having the
> pathmunge stuff by itself (including the . directory
> if you are
> exceptionally brave)

What?
Me brave?
Are you kidding?
I feel like a kid who has just had his first swim
lesson and knows how to float on his back and someone
says, "Hey, want to swim the English Channel with me?"

=====
Stephen W
Sarasota, FL

"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine ..."  Proverbs