gweather & mgetmetar.pl (Return too soon)

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Jun 15 02:43:34 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-15 at 10:33, Mike Vanecek wrote:

> Arggg .... quite right, thank you.
>
> So back to square 1 - how do I find out from where the call to
> /var/www/cgi-bin/mgetmetar.pl originates. I guess I can grep every file on my
> system (that will take a while)? The originating ip is internal implying a
> local program?

Well, I deleted the original post....but if I recall your logs are
showing something like...

[Tue Jun 15 10:39:57 2004] [error] [client 192.168.0.55] script not
found or unable to stat: /var/www/cgi-bin/mgetmetar.pl

which is the entry I see in my logs if I type

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mgetmetar.pl

So, you need to find out why that IP address in your logs is trying to
access mgetmetar.pl on your system.  Or, you can just ignore it.  :-)

Ed

--
"An opinion is like an asshole - everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood as Harry Callahan, The Dead Pool - 1988.