mysql backup script

Steve Buehler steve at ibapp.com
Wed Jun 16 15:05:56 UTC 2004

Thanks to all that responded.  The answer was a little different from the
one below.  So what it came out to was this:
while [ -f $mysqlpid ]
         do
         sleep 1
         /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld stop
done

For those that recommended webmin.  Although I have webmin installed,
because of the type of backups that I needed and how they were to be done,
webmin was not an option.  Thanks though.
Steve