sendmail and "sender domain must exist" error

Timothy Stone citylists at petmystone.com
Thu Jun 17 17:11:04 UTC 2004

Jeff Lasman wrote:

> On Thursday 17 June 2004 06:01 am, Timothy Stone wrote:
>

>>So, I have tried to configure sendmail since the switch to work, but
>>the problem is that the machine is behind a firewall and has no
>>outside address.
>

> Have you considered forwarding all your outgoing email through a
> "smarthost"?
>
> Jeff

Good idea, Jeff and Reuben. But that turns our real mail host into a
"relay" and they don't "relay" :D

I think this is problem I'll have to ignore. I enjoyed dabbling in
sendmail, my confidence is up! When I get my own server in the basement
I'll revisit configuring sendmail or postfix as a SMTP server.

Many thanks for the tips!

Tim

--

/**
  * Timothy Stone  . www.petmystone.com
  * Harrisburg PA  . javafueled at petmystone.com
  * USA            . coffee fueled macintosh zealot
  *
  * "This Satan's drink [coffee] is so
  *  delicious, we shall cheat Satan and
  *  baptize it."