FTP server

Ben Sewell ben_sewell_007 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 18 10:52:14 UTC 2004

Hi,
ok I installed the vsftpd which came with RH9. Anyhows I know the config
file is in /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf but how do I configure it to be
multi-users with no anonymous access. This is only for a friend and myself
to use. I have created our usernames and passwords but how to choose what
directories we have access to?

I want my account (mosherben) to access /var/www/ for complete control of
the FTP server and service so I can change the permissions of a subfolder
using an FTP client if I dont like something I see in one of the folders.

I want my friends account (pectabyte) to access /var/www/pectaybte to
control his area of the FTP service.

Both accounts need full permissions (7). Can someone help me figure the
configuration out?

Thanks,
Ben

PS: I havnt updated any packages yet using up2date before someone asks.