RedHat on Sun Equipment

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Fri Jun 18 15:55:51 UTC 2004

At 06:40 6/18/2004, Ted Beaton wrote:
>Will RedHat run on a Sun Enterprise 450 server without any special
>configuration?

http://www.auroralinux.org

Aurora Linux is a port of Red Hat Linux 7.3 to the sparc architecture. In
my experience, and judging from posts to its mailing list, it has been
rock-solid and my U1 and SS5 machines have logged uptimes of 300 days at a
time without a hiccup. Aurora is now working to rollout its second version,
which will attempt to be close to the package list and features of Fedora
Core 2. This is still two months away or so, I'd guess.

As to whether your E450 is compatible, I would guess so. But either the FAQ
will answer your questions, or you can post to the mailing list which is
very low-traffic, but gets very quick responses. There is also an IRC space
on which you can chat with a few others usually.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com