FTP server

Sergei Giritch sergei at fleetchek.com
Fri Jun 18 23:27:40 UTC 2004

If you are using vsftp and in /etc/passwd you specified
mosherben:x:800:800::/var/www:/bin/bash
Then you root become /var/www .
If you will try to cd / or /usr/local/apache etc. you will stay in your root
/var/www. You can not go above, copy files from above etc.
the same with your friend, he will be bounded to his root
/var/www/pectaybte.

Best Regards,
Sergei Giritch
Web System Administrator