'service network start' does not bring up eth1

Rigler, Steve SRigler at MarathonOil.com
Mon Jun 21 15:58:09 UTC 2004

Look at your /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 and make sure
that is has "ONBOOT=yes".

-Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Reuben D. Budiardja
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 10:56 AM
To: redhat-list at redhat.com
Subject: 'service network start' does not bring up eth1

Hi all,
Here's a quick question. I recently changed a failing network card (the
eth0)
in a machine. The machine has 2 cards, eth0 to connect to the net, eth1
to a
local network. it was working fine before. After replacing 1 network
card
(eth0), kudzu detected it, removed the old card configuration, add the
new
card, and "migrate" (whatever that is) the network configuration.

But now during booting, or when I issue 'service network start/restart',
only
eth0 was brought up. Although if I manually do '/sbin/ifup eth1',
everything
works correctly again, I want the eth1 to be brought up automatically
also.
So the question, what do I need to do so that eth1 is brought up during
the
machine booting and through the network service?

OS: Redhat 9

Thanks.
RDB
--