'service network start' does not bring up eth1

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at voyager.phys.utk.edu
Mon Jun 21 17:21:08 UTC 2004

On Monday 21 June 2004 11:57 am, Jay Berryman wrote:
> I would check in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 and make sure
> onboot = yes.

Hm... apparently RedHat messed up this file. Must be during that "migrate
existing network configuration" thing in Kudzu.

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 does not exist, but
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 exists with the content of what
looks like should be in ifcfg-eth1. So I just copy ifcfg-eth0 to ifcfg-eth1,
then recreate ifcfg-eth0, since eth0 supposed to get IP from DHCP, I just
have:
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
ONBOOT=yes

It seems that it's working correctly now.
Thanks all who replied.

<snip>

--
Reuben D. Budiardja