Kernel Recompilation

Rudolf Ladyzhenskii Rudolf.ladyzhenskii at opennw.com
Mon Jun 21 22:55:21 UTC 2004

Hi,

Module IS the best way to test your changes.

Anyway, normally you run from command line

make menuconfig (this will give you options to configure kernel)
make dep
make <target>

<target> is what you want to build. I only built kernels for embedded systems, so I usually run 'make zImage'. Not sure what you have to build for RedHat desktop installation.

Rudolf