Libmilter and RH9

Carl Riches riches at ms.washington.edu
Wed Jun 23 23:26:04 UTC 2004

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Eucke Warren wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I am trying to get spamassassin and Vexira's vamilter running as milters for Sendmail.  As you are no doubt aware, Sendmail builds with milter support with RH9.  Spamassassin, as I understand it, is not built in milter form by the install.  Also, the libmilter resources that exist in other builds of Linux are not present under /usr/local/lib.  I am thinking that I need to rpm -e sendmail and spamassassin and build from source a stock sendmail, libmilter and spamassassin build so that I can make this setup work.  Anyone else go down this path?  Suggestions?

We are using vamilter on our systems RH9 and RHEL AS 3 systems.  We did
not install any special libmilter stuff--libmilter.a is in /usr/lib.
Vamilter is running just using the basic installation instructions at
Central Command's web site.

We're not using spamassassin as a milter; rather it's running as spamd.
Therefore I don't know if you need to do anything special to get it
running as a milter.

Carl

Carl G. Riches
Software Engineer
Department of Mathematics
Box 354350			voice:     206-543-5082 or 206-616-3636
University of Washington	fax:       206-543-0397
Seattle, WA  98195-4350		internet:  riches at ms.washington.edu