kernel compile error

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Thu Jun 24 11:40:37 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 08:30:52AM +0300, Alex wrote:
> Every time I try to compile kernel 2.6.7 (vanilla sources) on rh9 I get
> segmentation fault.
> Apparently it doesn't break every time in the same place, but the error is
> the same.

It looks like you have a hardware problem.  If you try two compiles in a
row and they fail in different places, it's not software.

Run a full hardware error check with emphasis on memory.  If you have
overclocked anything, clock it back to normal and hope you haven't
killed the hardware already.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA