kernel compile error

Alex linux at hostingcenter.ro
Thu Jun 24 12:23:39 UTC 2004

I don't have anything overclocked, byut I get this message in my logs a
couple times a day:

MCE: The hardware reports a non fatal, correctable incident occurred on CPU
0.
Bank 2: 940040000000017a

I can't run a check because it's a critical server. If that dies, the hole
network dies. It's true, when I trie to compile a kernel it segfaults, even
when I try to compile 2.6.5 which is what I'm running right now.

Maybe you can give a hint on what that message means before I proceed any
further?
Everything else seems ok, it runs ok, nothing crashes, only when I compile.

Thanks!

Alex Iruc