Router/Firewall Recommendation

Otto Haliburton ottohaliburton at comcast.net
Thu Jun 24 15:19:54 UTC 2004

I don't know that small user are looking for a lot of flexibility.  Think
about it.  You aren't trying to design a system for 250+ users(LBB's as you
say can be chained to handle less than that quite simply).  For a normal
user with 5-50 pc's that's trying to protect their system there is nothing
cheaper or better than a hardware router.  When you start getting into a lot
of sophisticated apps then yes go to a box, but I would put that box behind
a hardware router to prevent penetration.