Dual Booting Linux and XP

rahul b jain cs student rbj2 at oak.njit.edu
Thu Jun 24 18:25:40 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have been trying to configure my HP ze4400 laptop for dual booting XP
and redhat 9.0  and have been facing quite a few problems.

Here is what is the problem. After the installation, it asks whether I
want to make a bootable floppy. My laptop does not have a floppy drive and
the installation gets stuck over here. So I reboot the system and it
directly boots into XP without showing an option for linux.

Can anyone give some advice how to work around this problem.

Thanks,
Rahul.