Problems in setting display variable for X Windows server

santhosh santosh at e2esolutions.com
Thu Jun 24 19:00:56 UTC 2004

Hi,
    Thanks for the suggestions, but I should have informed you that
a) I have logged in as root directly into the window using a ssh connection
(putty)
b) I have tried to put things back....its still not working....

                    Here is some info I gathered.....I heard that if an user
is logged into the X server and opened a connection....nobody else can open
another connection.....so I am wondering if something got messed up...and
though nobody is using the connection...the server still has some files left
behind to believe that someone else is using the connection

Regards,
Santhosh