ETH0 Error

Patrick.Mcfarland at ngc.com Patrick.Mcfarland at ngc.com
Thu Jun 24 20:13:44 UTC 2004

Gentlemen,

	I have a generic system with a ASUS P4B-533 I845E in it and under other operating systems I am not getting this error until I install RHEL Workstation.

	The specs on the MB are as followes:

*	Supports Intel Pentium 4 socket 478 processors
*	Intel® i845E and ICH4 chipset
*	3 DIMMS slots for up to 2GB of PC2100/PC1600 DDR SDRAM support
*	AGP 4X slot
*	2 ATA100 supports up to 4 IDE devices
*	6 USB 2.0 ports
*	6 PCI slots
*	C-Media® CMI8738-MX 6-channel audio (optional)
*	S/PDIF-in/out interface (optional)

		It is a very basic installation with only the minimum of apps to make it work. I get the following error.

		 eth0: 	PCI bus error, bus status 80000020
			To much work in interrupt, status e003

		I don't get this on the others and I don't get it under Windows or Solaris.

Patrick