Router/Firewall Recommendation

Jason Dixon jason at dixongroup.net
Fri Jun 25 14:18:37 UTC 2004

On Jun 25, 2004, at 10:13 AM, Otto Haliburton wrote:

> Well, somebody took the bait.  I'm sure with pinpoint accuracy he used
> satellite communications to send a uplink that lands in your wireless
> network ignoring all other wireless networks to exactly with great care
> access only yours with consistency, I mean how did he select yours
> over all
> others cause these wireless adapters have infinite power to roam and
> access
> the world.  And if you believe this I have a bridge to sell you in
> Brooklyn.
> I suppose with a wireless network a local person within range of your
> network might be able to penetrate it.('m not sure, but I do know it
> is not
> trivial).  If you need that much security, why would you go wireless to
> start out with.  Look at the intelligent community, they have been
> able to
> penetrate wireless for years.  And if you know anything about cell
> phones I
> would suggest that you not talk about secrets if you are in that
> environ,
> but of course, you have to know a lot to take advantage of these
> things and
> you need the proper equipment(you do need this).

You're a moron.  The more you open your mouth, the more you expose
yourself as the poser you really are.

It takes no skill for an uneducated employee to plug in a WAP into a
(otherwise secure) network segment.  Immediately, your entire corporate
network is exploitable.  I routinely walk around with my Zaurus, amazed
at the number of wide-open wireless segments in these corporate
business parks.

If you don't believe/understand that, you're living in denial.

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE
DixonGroup Consulting