553 sorry, your envelope sender domain must exist (#5.7.1)

Pete Nesbitt pete at linux1.ca
Sun Jun 27 18:28:56 UTC 2004

On June 26, 2004 07:01 pm, Dennis James wrote:
> Some time ago I was trying to send root mail to an isp smtp
> mail.m.mynet.net.au.
> I have succeeded in sending the email when doing a test, but I get the
> following error.
>
> 553 sorry, your envelope sender domain must exist (#5.7.1)
>
> The domain of the machine is localhost.localdomain.
>
> I want only to be able to send email (to my email address and a work
> address) logs to myname at mynet.net.au.
>
> I do not want to receive mail only send root mail and log files.
>
> Is there a simple way of doing this.
>
> I have had assistance previously which helped a lot.
>
> Regards
>

> Dennis @ Scone

Hi,
I'm not sure exactly which option you'll need (maybe someone can add to this),
but there are some masquerade options in sendmail.mc.

My workstation uses the following lines:

MASQUERADE_AS(`linux1.ca')dnl

dnl # masquerade not just the headers, but the envelope as well
FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)dnl

--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce