ipsec roadwarrior gateway - can RHEL3 do it?

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Mon Jun 28 18:38:05 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I am trying to set up a RHEL3 box as a gateway capable of receiving
IPsec connections from roadwarriors.

I understand that the "anonymous" config in racoon.conf describes this
situation, but I have no idea to start up such an interface.

If I try use the network-scripts as provided by redhat, it wants me to
specify a DST gateway IP address - in the case of a roadwarrior server
there is no gateway address, as none of the roadwarriors have fixed IPs.

Can anyone explain how to set Redhat up to be a roadwarrior server?

Regards,
Graham