configure kernel sysctl

Johnson, Shaunn SJohnson6 at bcbsm.com
Tue Jun 29 13:38:39 UTC 2004

--thanks for the reply -

--i'm sorry i didn't inform the list last night; i saw what
--i was doing wrong and figured it out.  i was calculating
--the values incorrectly - and of course, nothing happened.

--i had to review some old servers and look at the
--specs before it dawned on me.  my bad.

--i did see the /etc/rc.local option in google and
--i thought that, tho a neat option B, i shouldn't
--have to do that because 'cat xxxx >' and 'sysctl'
--*should* work.  oh well.

--thanks again!

-X