Enterprise Linux license

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Wed Jun 30 04:21:46 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 09:19:42AM +0800, Patrick Xu wrote:
> If I just get a copy of ES or WS version and install it on my PC, will I be
> able to use the up2date service (Update Entitlements) without paying annual
> subscription fee?

No, but you could look at projects like Tao, Caos, and White Box Linux
which offer repackaged/rebuilt udpates.

I've got one server at home on Red Hat Professional Workstation with
up2date service and one on Tao Linux which gets its updates via yum.
Seems to work so far.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA