Grub question and problem

Amandeep redhat at chamkila.org
Wed Mar 3 22:11:07 UTC 2004

Hi Guys
I recently installed  Redhat 9 on the same disk as Windows XP pro.
First it was not booting in windows so i changed the grub.conf file.
And it worked and booted in windows. But when I rebooted the system it
drops on the
grub>   prompt.
What happened ..cannot see the OS list which to boot.
grub.conf
timeout=120
splashimage=(hd0,1) /boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz

title Red Hat Linux (2.4.18-14)
root (hd0,1)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.18-14 ro root=LABEL=/dev/hdc=ide-scsi
initrd /boot/initrd-2.4.18-14.img
title Windows XP
unhide (hd0,0)

hide  (hd0,1)
root (hd0,0)
makeactive
chainloader +1

Also tried boot and kernel commands on grub> says cannot mount partiion
or Filesystem unknown??

Any help wuld be great ..i really need this system to be up...

Aman