Nameserver

Alejandro Calbazana acalbaza at calbazana.com
Sat Mar 6 00:15:07 UTC 2004

Hello,

I'd like to set up BIND locally to resolve names between machines on my
local LAN.  I was also thinking on taking advantage of such a setup to cache
entries for outbound traffic.  The to-be nameserver machine also serves as a
gateway for Internet traffic so, I am using my provider's nameservers as the
primary nameserver.

Is such a setup possible?  I just want to resolve local names and cache
entries going outbound while still using my providers nameservers.

I've seen some discussion of local caching server and local nameservers, but
not a combination of both in a single server.  Any help is appreciated.

Sure, I could put entries in hosts, but what fun is that ;)

Thanks,

Alejandro