sendmail relay again SOLVED

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Wed Mar 10 14:55:03 UTC 2004

At 12:13 3/10/2004, you wrote:
>I added the line below to sendmail.cf and woops it worked.
>
>O DaemonPortOptions=Port=smtp,Addr=192.168.0.1, Name=MTA
>O DaemonPortOptions=Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA

It's worth emphasizing that you should *not* modify sendmail.cf directly
unless you are already an expert. And since you're asking this question,
you're not an expert yet.

You should modify /etc/mail/sendmail.mc and then recreate the sendmail.cf
from there. That is the correct, recommended way for anyone other than true
experts. Modifying sendmail.cf directly can and likely will get your
changes overwritten without warning someday.

It's your risk and your choice, of course.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com
http://www.simpaticus.com