trying to resolve dependencies!!! (libcrypto.so.4)

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Thu Mar 11 13:21:01 UTC 2004

If it squawked, and you didn't then run "rpm" with the --nodeps or --force
options, then you haven't overwritten anything, as it hasn't installed.

You might want to check into the fedora-legacy project, as they'll have
updates, etc, for RHL8.0, since RH is no longer supporting that version.

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004, bruce wrote:

> we have an ongoing issue that's perplexing at best...
>
> we have searched through google and other sites, trying to find the
> libcrypto.so.4/libssl.so.4 files.
>
> we came across the openssl-0.9.7a-5.1.i386.rpm file, which appears to state
> that the required files are in the package. we downloaded, and attempted to
> install the apckage, only to be informed that libcrypto.so.2<<<<< is
> required by 20-30 other apps!!!!
>
> so, how should one go about trying to update their system!!!!
>
> right now, we're fearful that we've totally screwed this up...
>
> thanks...
>
> bruce
> bedouglas at earthlink.net
> (925) 866-2790

Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit