wu-ftpd -2.6.1-22 is broken somehow?

Ben Russo Ben at muppethouse.com
Thu Mar 11 14:59:02 UTC 2004

The recently release wu-ftpd patch broke my machines.

Clients who logged in were restricted to their home dir's by default,
whereas before they were not.  (Problem #1)  This was easily fixed by
editing /etc/ftpaccess and removing the line "guestusers *"

The second problem was that many ftp clients reported that even after
Problem-#1 was fixed, their ftp clients were disconnected from the
command channel after a single file "put" command.  So if they logged
in, changed to another directory and put a file (successfully).  Then
they did an "ls", they received the error message like:

	No command channel
They were no longer connected to the ftp-server.

I backed out to wu-ftpd-2.6.1-21  everything started working.