trying to resolve dependencies!!! (libcrypto.so.4)

j.travis skynet at psinode.com
Fri Mar 12 18:06:02 UTC 2004

Trying to upgrade openssl is problematic.  I have found it easiest to
install a seperate (recent) openssl package into /usr/local and link
against those libraries for any package (e.g. apache 2.0.48) that may
need it.

mkdir -p /pkg
chmod 755 /pkg
cd /pkg
wget http://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-0.9.7c.tar.gz

tar -zxvf openssl-0.9.7c.tar.gz

cd /pkg/openssl-0.9.7c
./Configure linux-elf --prefix=/usr/local
make
make install

cd /pkg
wget http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/httpd-2.0.48.tar.gz

tar -zxvf httpd-2.0.48.tar.gz

cd /pkg/httpd-2.0.48

--- edit config.layout

cd /pkg/httpd-2.0.48

./configure --enable-ssl=static --with-ssl=/usr/local/bin \
-with-mpm=prefork --enable-layout=RedHat --enable-so \
--enable-mods-shared="cgi info status rewrite speling usertrack deflate
mime-magic" \
--enable-mods-shared="most" --disable-ext-filter